Moss Cottage is a beautifully restored farm cottage with a lovely setting in Glenalla – a peaceful valley centrally located between the main villages at the southern end of the Fanad Peninsula – Rathmullan, Ramelton, Milford and Kerrykeel.
This unique holiday property combines the ease of modern living with the charm of a bygone era. It provides a tranquil base from which to explore the beauty of north Donegal – from the majesty of Glenveagh National Park to the sandy beaches along the Wild Atlantic Way.
The cottage nestles at the foot of Cnockaffrin Hill and is well sheltered by mature trees and hedges. The present day cottage combines the traditional one storey farm building and an adjacent two storey barn.
The original thick walls are evident in the wide window sills inside. Exposed ceiling beams and a half door add to the traditional feel. The pristine water supply comes from a spring well in the hills above the cottage.
- beautifully restored farm cottage
- tranquil rural setting
- tastefully furnished and decorated throughout
- 3 bedrooms to sleep 6 – 2 ensuite – 1 with adjacent shower room
- main cottage room has living, kitchen and dining areas
- living area has natural wood floor
- comfortably furnished
- large wood burning stove
- flatscreen tv with dvd player
- selection of dvds, board games
- kitchen and dining area has tiled floor
- stylish kitchen units
- electric cooker and hobs
- microwave, fridge
- sturdy farmhouse style dining table and 4 chairs
- washing machine
- clothes horse
- outside clothes line
- water supply comes from spring well
- ample parking
- fenced in lawn to the front
- garden picnic bench