The name of the cottage is from the Irish for escape – a suitable name aptly describing a location for getting away from the hustle and bustle and noise of city life.
Situated in the new Dunailainn area, and just off the main road linking Culdaff and Moville, the cottage would also serve as an ideal touring base from which one can explore this beautiful part of Ireland. The cottage has 4 bedrooms, can sleep up to 8, and has all the catering facilities and comforts one would expect.
Culdaff is situated on the northern coast of the Inishowen Peninsula, not too far from Malin Head, Irelands most northerly point. Originally, Culdaff was an early Christian monastic settlement, that is known to have existed as early as the 8th century. Today, the present church has its foundations over the site of the original monastic church.
For a long time, Culdaff was little more than a small quiet Inishowen fishing village, but since the mid 1990s, rapid growth in new housing has seen the village expand to a much larger version of what it was.
A lovely sandy Blue-Flag Beach is to be found to the north of the town, – with great surfing if the wind is right. There is a very good play-park for young children near the beach car park.
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- main living area has open fireplace
- 26inch lcd tv, freeview satellite channels, dvd, cd-radio
- fully fitted kitchen
- gas hob and electric oven
- microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- washing machine, tumble dryer
- outside clothes line, iron and ironing board
- wooden floors throughout the cottage, ceramic tiles in utility areas
- fully thermally insulated, with double glazing throughout
- 2km to lovely sandy beach
- 7 min walk to shops, pub etc
- quiet and peaceful location
- ideal touring base
- parking for 3 cars in drive, 2 in street
- within close walking distance to McGrorys Pub