Ceol na Mara is a lovely holiday home with a wonderfully scenic location at Termon, Maghery, Co Donegal. Set in a rugged landscape the holiday home enjoys views of the sea, Aranmore Island and the dramatic Crohy headland. The holiday home is just a few hundred yards from the “Famine Walls” which are a poignant reminder of a tragic period in Irish history
The holiday home has comfortable accommodation for up to 10 people – including 2 large family bedrooms with ensuite facilities. The large windows in the kitchen and dining area provide panoramic views of the scenery outside – a landscape that changes mood daily with the ever changing sky.
Ceol na Mara is a tranquil base from which to explore the renowned Rosses area and the wider region of West Donegal. This part of Ireland offers an incomparable wealth of scenery, mountains, rivers, lakes and beaches. It is also a fishermans haven. This is due in no small part to the efforts of the Rosses Angling Association. With over 130 lakes, the area around Maghery and Dungloe is renowned for both lake and river fishing
- 3 bedrooms to sleep 7 people (2 ensuite)
- 1 room with sofa bed to sleep 1
- bathroom on the ground floor
- cosy living room with solid fuel stove
- comfortable furniture suite
- cd stereo system
- bright dining area with lovely sea and headland views
- elegant dining table and 6 chairs
- comfortable sofa
- modern fitted kitchen adjoins the dining area
- electric oven and gas hob, microwave
- fridge, freezer, dishwasher
- washing machine, tumble dryer
- outside clothes line, iron and ironing board
- 2 garden benches and a table
- parking for 2 cars
- 5 minute walk to Maghery Beach
- less than 10 minute walk to local pub and shop
- 20 minute walk to Crohy Head
- 7km to Dungloe
- 14 km to Burtonport and the Aranmore Ferry Terminal
- 19km to Donegal Airport
- 30km to the Dunlewey Lakeside Centre
The children loved the space and freedom
We went to Donegal as a chance for the family to get together and for three generations to spend some time together. It was perfect!
The house is spacious, clean and very well equipped. The beds are comfortable and there is plenty of bed linen supplied. The bathroom/shower rooms were well supplied with towels. In the kitchen the cupboards were well stocked with some basic supplies so one wouldn’t be stuck with nothing to eat until getting to the shops in Dungloe.
The children loved the space and freedom while for the adults the peace and quiet of the Donegal coast was a tonic for the soul. There is a great variety of walks in the immediate vicinity whether you want 15-20 minutes along the beach or an hour or two up on the hills with stupendous views.
We spent most of our time on the local beach at Maghery so it was nice that there was beach equipment left in the house for us to use. We drove to the beaches at Dooey and Carrickfin and they are fantastic.
There is something about the house that makes one feel welcome. The owners had made an effort to try and ensure that their guests would enjoy their holiday.
The nearest town is Dungloe which is 7-8 miles away. If you are planning on some nightlife then you may want to factor in the taxi costs.
Very comfortable and well equipped cottage
Very comfortable and well equipped cottage; superb location with fantastic views; perfect for families wanting an ‘away from it all’ type break.